Monday, May 18, 2020

WHAT IS WRONG WITH OHIO/OHIOANS?

Photo by editor
By Shawn Anthony, from Strongville Ohio, Founding Member of Ohio Get Back to Work Parade
Edited

An open Letter to members of Ohio Get Back to Work Parade, Open Ohio Now and all Patriots.

At the time of this writing, we have had a total of 8 Rallies/Protests now.  I have personally been to 4 of them.

What do I see?  The first rally I attended had about 3 to 400 people, I will give it 500 on the high side.  The second one had a much better showing, I would take a guess at about 7 to 800.

The third rally I attended was Monday, April 27th.  The turnout was pathetic; 150 to 200 . . . tops.  There was no speaker.  A gentleman without any experience got thrown into being one.  (Hhe did his best and came back strong at the May 1 rally.)  The crowd had very little energy; it was bad!

The forth rally I attended was on May 1.  The crowd was probably our strongest, yet.  I don’t think we hit 1000 people, but I give it a good mark.  The energy was there.  Compared to the other rallies, this one was probably the best.

Now, with that being said, I ask once again, "what is wrong with Ohioans?"  Michigan put together a rally some 50,000 strong, on their first attempt!  Wisconsin put together a huge rally, over 5000 strong, on their first attempt.


Photo by editor
California put together a rally the other day; you could not even count the number of people flooding the area.  Pennsylvania put together a rally of over 5000 strong on their first attempt.

We have had 8 Rallies now!!  What is wrong with Ohio? WHY can we not even get 10,000 strong, after 8 attempts?  Why do we not have the support of a good majority of the business owners who are closed right now?


Why don’t we have the support of the 1 million plus on unemployment because their places of employment are closed?

Why don't we have the support of many more people who know damn well their constitutional rights are being walked all over?
Why is it that only a severe MINORITY of people are standing up for this cause?

We have a population of 11.7 million people in Ohio.  I am a part of this group, (Ohio Get Back To Work Parade), which now has over 1000 members.  I am a part of Ohio Stands United, which has over 60,000 members.  I spread the word about our Rallies/Protests to groups, friends, and whomever I can and get the word out.

We have a gentleman in this group who paid to put an ad out to let people know about our protest on May 1.  I contributed funds to help him out, as did others.

I think we need to question why we can’t get a huge attendance.  I know that coordination with other groups is being done to help spread the word.   Are we having too many different days and times and people like myself cannot attend 3 times in a week?  Do we just not have that many Ohioans who give a shit?  Sorry; I don’t believe that one.


Photo by editor
What I do know, is that if we are going to continue to try to push the agenda of re-opening Ohio, full and completely and now, we need the power of numbers.  We are wasting our time if we are going to continue trying to get change with just 1000 people.  1000 people are great to get a movement started, but if that is all the people that care out of 11.7 million in this state, we are going to get nowhere.

I realize that there are people who are still working.  I also realize that there are people that have family to take care of.  I realize those are priorities and they must always remain that way.  What I ask is that we brainstorm a little bit as a group to figure out how to get our numbers up.

I ASK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU TO CHOOSE A DAY THAT YOU CAN ATTEND A RALLY/PROTEST.*

I think we have pretty much set the time frame to as 1pm for

previous rallies.  I think we need to figure out what the most effective day will be for the majority of the people in the group to attend so as to get the maximum impact of power in numbers.

With Wally's (one of the group’s founders) permission, we can set up another post to have every single person in this group reply with a single day that would work best for them.  I will personally take the responsibility to go thru all the messages and tally up all the responses, if needed.  I do have some time on my hands and am more than willing to take on some of the responsibility.

We NEED to have one day as a maximum impact day.  We NEED at least 10,000 strong on a single day to show DeWine, Acton and our state reps and health departments that we are not kidding around.

This is a very serious situation.  I know the majority of you in this group realize the impact of what is happening in our country and state and are smart enough to realize the consequences if we do nothing about it.  It is the whole reason we are all here.
 
I believe in you.  And I stand side by side with you in this fight.  But it takes more than a few of us to win.

If any of you have other ideas to help raise the numbers of people attending the rallies, (we need to have a very effective stand and showing); please, speak up!!  Brainstorm!!  Sometimes, even the most off-the-wall ideas work.

Stay strong, stay supportive of each other, help keep each other up when we feel beat down, and keep up the fight!

Our future depends on it!!

*For information on upcoming rallies, visit the following pages:

 Ohio Get Back to Work Parade
#FreeOhioNow
Ohio Stands United

No comments:

Post a Comment

The South Central Bulldog reserves the right to reject any comment for any reason, without explanation.